J.T. has been with Santoni, Paulk & Glos, LLC (formerly Tillman & Santoni LLC) since December 2012. He has been a partner since January 2014. At SP&G, J.T. works with individual, fiduciary and business clients on tax planning and tax compliance, as well as supporting the firm's business accounting practice.
J.T. came to the firm after six years in the Baltimore office of CliftonLarsonAllen LLP (formerly Clifton Gunderson LLP). While at Clifton, he was a local leader for State & Local Tax services, and provided tax consulting and tax compliance services to corporate and individual clients. His corporate clients ranged from $1 million in revenue to nearly $1 billion.
From 2003 to 2006, J.T. worked as the Controller for the Georgia State Golf Association in Marietta, Georgia, where he managed the association's day to day finances, payroll and office headquarters building. J.T. began his public accounting career in 1999 with a small local firm in suburban Atlanta, and became a CPA in 2003.
J.T. lives in Baltimore with his wife, Jennifer, and three children.
· Managing partnership, C Corporation and S Corporation tax engagements, including consolidated C Corporation entities and structures
· Consultation and compliance with regard to commercial transactions, multi-state taxation, income tax, franchise tax, payroll tax and sales tax
· Preparation and review of income tax provisions for compilations, reviews and audited financials
· Individual income tax preparation, planning and projections
· Consultation and compliance for estates and fiduciaries regarding estate tax and fiduciary income tax
Education and Professional Organizations –
· Bachelors Degree from Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia)
· Juris Doctor and Masters in Business Administration from Emory University (Atlanta, Georgia)
· Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants, Member
· Georgia Bar Association, Member (non-practicing)