Kathy joined the firm as a partner on July 15, 2014. She has been a CPA in public accounting for nearly twenty years and has prior experience as a controller and working for several Fortune 500 manufacturing companies in various capacities. Kathy specializes in small businesses, individuals, and estates and has worked extensively with the construction industry.
For fourteen years with Berger, Nyborg & Cannon, P.A. she performed audits, reviews, compilations, and tax returns for businesses and related individuals. Most recently, Kathy spent six years with CliftonLarsonAllen (formerly Clifton Gunderson), in charge of the firm's Entrepreneurial Business Services/Outsourcing department in the Baltimore office. At Clifton, she supervised preparation of reviewed financial statements, compiled financial statements, tax returns, and estate tax returns. She also supervised tax and accounting services provided to foreign entities. Over her career, Kathy has worked with her clients on strategic planning, advising them on business investments and purchases, succession planning, product line and business expansion, and profitability modeling.
· Performing reviews and compilations for a wide variety of businesses for twenty years
· Performing audits which included two of the five largest contractors in the Baltimore metropolitan area and several not-for-profit entities
· Preparing business returns for corporations, LLC's, and partnerships as well as individual tax returns
· Preparing estate tax returns
· Analyzing potential business purchases for clients while in public accounting and as a controller in a multi-state corporation assisting in purchase transaction
· Developing a purchasing and receiving procedure for the Baltimore manufacturing division of a Fortune 500 company
Education and Professional Organizations -
· Bachelor's Degree from the College of Notre Dame of Maryland
· American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Member
· Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
· Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants, Member